Cold Brew is ever-popular, especially in these hot summer months! Good news - our Hooked Coffee pour over pouches can be used to make cold brew too. It doesn't get any easier than this!
How to make Cold Brew (2 servings)
- Grab 2 Hooked Coffee pour over pouches of your favorite coffee.
- Take them out of the packaging foil, but don't tear the pouch open. [Optional: cut off the wings to reduce papery taste.]
- Fill a jar with 2 cups of water, drop in the pouches. They may float at first, but just push them down into the water until the grounds are soaked with water, then they should sit under the waterline.
- Place covered in the fridge overnight (around 12 hours), and wake up to refreshingly smooth cold brew!
- You may want to adjust the concentration with water or by serving over ice.
What makes cold brew different from other forms of coffee? The grounds are never exposed to heat during the brewing process. Instead, flavors are slowly extracted through the long steep time. Because there's no heat, cold brew tends to be smoother, rounder, with less acidity and bitterness.
Looking for an iced coffee drink now and don't have time to wait overnight? Try an iced pour over instead.